Google Search

Sunday 21 August 2011

Saw (2004)

"Rise and shine, Adam. You're probably wondering where you are. I'll tell you where you might be. You might be in the room that you die in. Up until now, you've simply sat in the shadows watching others live out their lives. But what do voyeurs see when they look into the mirror? Now I see you as a strange mix of someone angry, yet apathetic. But mostly just pathetic. So are you going to watch yourself die here today, Adam, or do something about it?"

Well first of I had to at least throw one of them into here, it wouldn't be a SAW review without a quote from the scrambled up voice of Tobin Bell, anyway onto the game that has begun. Most of us see Saw, haha seesaw as a film with quite a few undeveloped characters which it tries to overcompensate with its extreme gore and I have to say this partially is true but on other note out of the many gore films in my time I have seen this is far the most timid.

Story , Adam (Leigh Wannell) and Dr. Lawrence Gordon (Cary Elwes) wake up chained in a mysterious lavatory to where they eyes are first awoken to a corpse a gun and a lot of blood. It doesn't take long for trust and personalities to conflict, lies to arise and the truth fold into the world of Jigsaw. John/Jigsaw I know serial killer, who never really has killed anyone him but seems to find ways for them to kill themselves spends most of his time repeating the sentence "I'm sick of the disease rotting inside me" in this film, hinting and trying to show why he is doing these terrible things and is it justifiable.

This film really tries to enforce the point not take life for granted, we are all give the luxuries in life to succeed to the top of the food chain in this society, so we are told never take life for granted but in the end most of us in this world try and take one advantage or another, it's sad to say this point will never get across to some people so in a way can make the film with its whole story completely pointless.

Now In all honesty, out of all the horror series/ franchises out there, this is possibly my favourite mainly due to its never ending twist and turns throughout all the films, as well as its very brain drilling soundtrack. To the fact it went on towards eight films and pissed allot of peoples of soon dwelling towards an teenage horror flick towards the end which made me quite disappointed but I still love it. I think one of the key elements people miss in this film and its franchise as its following events happen straight after its last film or just before its predecessor to try and fill in the gaps, the questions we want answering or maybe to just string us along?

Anyway I'll leave you with that question and overall all I can say this film is a definite horror film to see, its many follow-ups perhaps not.
6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment